- Students must pass all courses attempted each year of high school. Failure of a course(s) will necessitate summer school attendance or grade level retention. (See Credit Shortage Policy)
- A religion and an English credit are required for each year of enrollment at Saint Francis Catholic Academy.
- A student may fail to be promoted only once while at Saint Francis Catholic Academy.
- A student may attempt a course a maximum of two times.
- Only students from a Catholic high school will be allowed to transfer or re-enroll in the 12th grade.
- Transfer students must have attempted a minimum of six credits per academic year.
- Credits earned by a student transferring from a non-accredited school will be validated through performance during the first quarter.
- A student transferring after the school year has begun is responsible for meeting with each of his/her teachers to determine previously covered material. This student is required to take midterm and final exams.
GRADE POINT AVERAGE REQUIREMENT
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be earned in all courses attempted in grades 9-12 in order to qualify for a diploma.
- A student who earns less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the end of a school year will be required to attend summer school.
- A student who earns less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the end of the sophomore and/or junior year will be placed on academic probation. The student, parent, and guidance counselor will meet to review the terms of the probation. At the end of the following school year, progress will be reviewed to determine if the conditions of the probation have been met.
GRADING SCALE/GPA CALCULATION
Grade Scale GPA Points GPA Honors Points
GPA AP Points
100-95 4.0 4.5
94-90 4.0 4.5
89-85 3.0 3.5 4.0
84-80 3.0 3.5
79-75 2.0 2.5
C 74-70 2.0 2.5
69-65 1.0 1.5 2.0 D 64-60 1.0 1.5
F 59 and below 0 0