Saint Francis Catholic Academy is different from other schools. While some schools teach students what to think, we teach students how to think. Ultimately, while some schools prepare their students for the future, we prepare our students to create the future – to seize it. Carpe Futura.
Saint Francis Catholic Academy has a college preparatory curriculum. Twenty- eight (28) credits in the following subject areas are required for graduation:
- 4 credits Theology
- 4 credits English
- 4 credits Mathematics
- 4 credits Social Studies
- 3 credits Science (two labs)
- 2 credits World Language (same language)
- 1 credit Practical/Performing/FIne Arts
- 1 credit Health Education/Fitness
- 6 credits Electives
- 25 hours Community Service per year
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
To participate in the graduation ceremony:
- The student must pass all seven courses taken during their senior year and earn a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- All financial and other obligations must be met.
- A student who is suspended during their senior year may not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- 12th grade community service hours must be completed and submitted by the end of the third quarter.
NOTE: If a student fails a course during the senior year, the student will not participate in the graduation ceremony, but may be eligible to receive a Saint Francis Catholic Academy diploma upon successful completion of course credit. (See Credit Shortage Policy.)
Graduation with Honors
- Summa Cum Laude: 4.00 and above
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.60 – 3.99
- Cum Laude: 3.30 – 3.59